Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Its the end of May and I finally have a garden thanks to the help of my sister.  The help of plants?  No not so much, but the help of digging the garden up after it was a play area for 2 months due to the early and warm spring. Here's what is in the garden (so far)

To the east Lara and the boys planted radishes (2 rows!!!) and a row of salad.  This was done May 5th the same day the garden was dug up.  As of this weekend there are now soybeans at that end of the garden, and a spaghetti squash plant.  Next are 3 peppers - the one in the middle is X the one to the south is Y.  What is Variety X and Variety Y?  They are peppers from a friend who mixed up some seed and is not sure if they are Anaheim or Jalapeno peppers....time will tell.  The pepper to the north is try 2 at a California wonder.  Next is a row of green beans.  Then is a pea gate waiting for peas to be planted - thought I needed bean seed so I purchased some more, turns out I needed pea seed.  Then there are 5 tomatoes - 2 romas, 1 cherry and 1 Big girl?  the other one came from Laura.  I  think there is also a jalapeno pepper and cabbage in that corner of the garden.  Oh and there is kohlrabi under the tomatoes, too.  In the 1/2 barrel there is tarragon, rosemary and another potted tomato. I planted basil here but it did not grow - just button weeds grew here...so I still need to get basil.


No comments:

Post a Comment