Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day bonus

Mother's Day weekend was COLD!  We were in north central Iowa near the Ia/Mn border and they had frost on the ground.  We only ate asparagus 1 time - and there was no extra to bring home. *bummer*

I knew my sister had started some seeds in the greenhouse where she works.  She used Dad's old seed - and had great success. I came home with a flat full of plants.  Now to wait for the rain to stop and things to dry out a bit.

Here is what is on the flat of plants:
  • 6 kohlrabi
  • 2 peppers (sweet?)
  • 2 red cabbage
  • 1 mixed pot - the pot my sister threw all of her "extra" seedlings in when she transplanted into larger cells...and they are all alive
  • 2 brussle sprouts
  • 6 marigolds
  • 1 coral bell - from Mom's flower garden...from my Aunt...from her Aunt...the best kind of plant!
  • 1 pansy - given to all the mom's at church.
So I just need tomatoes, a jalapeno pepper or two, some sunshine to get the beans in the garden, and some creative space planning to figure out where I am going to put all of these wonderful plants. Oh and some hastas for the east side of the house - I hope to pick these up this weekend at a church on C Ave's plant sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment